26 November 2008

Track Of The Day: Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This [New Mix]


"A Moment Like This" is a song originally recorded by American singer Kelly Clarkson the first winner of American Idol, released from her multi-platinum debut album, Thankful.

The song was co-written by Jörgen Elofsson and John Reid (of dance act Nightcrawlers) and produced by Stephen Ferrera and Steve Mac. It was written to be the first single for the winner of the first season of American Idol. As a result, the four remaining finalists, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Nikki McKibbin, and Tamyra Gray each recorded a version of the song in case they won. The song was first revealed to the public when Guarini and Clarkson competed in a final showdown while singing this song, along with another track, "Before Your Love". After the American public had voted, Guarini performed the song (and Clarkson performed "Before Your Love") at the final show before the results were revealed. When Clarkson was announced as the winner, she became emotional, and sang the song as her final performance.

2 comments:

Zune Phone said...

I love Kelly Clarkson, specially her song which is Breakaway. A very inspirational song good for someone who's trying to achieve his/her goal. This is my favorite lines of the song...
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance,Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

mi-chan said...

hello.
I love kelly clarkson too.
I like "bihind these hazel eyes" and "low"
I think her songs are very good.
what's your favorite song?