18 November 2008

Lighthouse Family - (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free/ One

(I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free / One is a song by The Lighthouse Family, released as their first single from their third album, Whatever Gets You Through the Day, released in 2001. The song was originally written by Billy Taylor, with lyrics by Dick Dallas. Best known for its 1967 version by Nina Simone, and as the instrumental theme (performed by the Billy Taylor Trio) to the BBC TV show Film Night, this version was produced by Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Quarmby. It was their first single release in nearly three years and was released in November 2001 and reached the top 10 in Portugal, the United Kingdom and Germany; the top 20 in Austria and Spain; the top 30 in Switzerland; and the top 50 in the United World Chart.

(I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free / One is a cover song of Billy Taylor's "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free" and U2's One.

Lighthouse Family - (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free/ One

No comments: