26 October 2008

Sky - Some Kinda Wonderful

Sky are an R&B-spiced pop music outfit from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The duo originally consisted of James Renald and Antoine Sicotte. Both were songwriters, producers and multi-instrumentalists, who met in 1992 at a music engineering school Montreal. Anastasia (2000–2003) was the lead singer, and Karl Wolf (2003–2005) was the last lead singer of the group.

In February 1998, Sky signed a major-label record deal with EMI Music Canada. With the recording sessions for their upcoming major-label debut, two world-famous producers, Peter Mokran (Maxwell, R. Kelly, Michael Jackson) and Euro-Syndicate Productions, were brought in for two recording sessions at Gallery Studios in New York and Metalworks in Toronto. Legendary guitar player Wah-Wah Watson was featured as a guest performer as well.

Piece of Paradise, the duo’s major-label debut, was launched in 1999. The album debuted at #6 on the Canadian album charts. The group’s debut single, "Some Kind of Wonderful", released in 1998, gained international success, hitting the top ten in Canada, and #1 in Thailand.

Sky - Some Kinda Wonderful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard Sky- Some Kinda Wonderful the first time/only time this morning on the way to work.........I think it is awesome.......I am a dancer and was cheorographing in my mind on the way in........I hope I am able to find the cd ....I feel it is strongly a have to have one for me!! Thanks for your music, a gal from Buffalo NY, sqakamarie thanks again