03 May 2006

Classic Hits: All Saints - I Know Where It's At

English-Canadian girl group All Saints released "I Know Where It's At" for the first time at United Kingdom on 18 August 1997. The song was debuted on the National Lottery Live and the first performance on Top Of The Pops was on 2 September 1997.

"I Know Where It's At" was written by Shaznay Lewis and Karl Gordon, and produced by Gordon. Walter Becker and Donald Fagen are credited as writers because the song samples elements from Steely Dan's "The Fez". 

The official music video for "I Know Where It's At" was directed by Alex Hemming. It was the first video All Saints ever released. It was to show the girls in an urban setting as the more streetwise variants of girl groups. The video was shot with very little colour, with the girls almost entirely in black and white.


All Saints - I Know Where It's At

No comments: